Women: Hope and Growth Project
“Woman: Hope and Growth” is a 4-year project funded by Finn Church Aid (FCA) and being implemented by Life With Dignity (LWD). The project assists vulnerable women in rural communities in having access to financial services to augment their income generation activities. It also supports for women’s leadership capacity building to enable them to actively participate in making decision on their household economy and community development planning and increases their capacity to tackle gender-based violence within their households and community.
“Women: Hope and Growth” Project was designed to address challenges of gender equality which women in rural communities under LWD’s target areas are facing. It also helps men and women gain an understanding about women’s rights and gender issues that make them gradually changed their behavior toward gender equality at household and community levels. The Project supports women’s representative to participate in the quarterly meeting of commune council to influence the integration of women’s issues into the commune development plan. It also supports Annual Women’s Forum at the district level to advocate relevant stakeholders to provide better services for women and women groups to develop small scale collective enterprises such as rice mill, animal feed production and so on.
The project cost: Euro 660,000
Timeframe: January 2011- December 2014
PROJECT GOAL, OBJECTIVE , APPROACH
The specific goal of the Project is in conformity with the overall goal stated in the LWD Country Strategy: “To contribute to the poverty alleviation of Cambodia through rights-based empowerment of rural communities, the strengthening of local leadership and improvement of governance”
Reduce women’s vulnerability in target areas by empowering them to protect their common interest and benefits.
- Improve women’s economic status through income generation activities.
- Build women’s confidence and increase their participation in decision making at the household and community levels.
LWD applies rights-based empowerment approach to achieve the specific goal of the project.
- Micro-enterprises led by women established and increased;
- Increased knowledge and skills of vulnerable women on business management and marketing;
- Increased community awareness on gender based violence;
- Increased women’s confidence in decision making at household and community levels;
- Reduction of women’s right abuse
The primary focus groups of the project include the followings:
- Women’s Groups
- Vulnerable women
- Village Bank Associations
- Village Bank Committees
- Village Development Committees
- Village leaders
- Farmer field schools members
- Women’s Agricultural Cooperatives leaders and committee members
The project covers 68 villages in 24 communes in four provinces of Battambang, Kampong Chhnang, Kampong Speu, and Pursat.
Download Leaflet Here:
|Women Hope and Growth Project|