Community Empowerment through Access to Land Project
1. PROJECT SUMMARY
Community Empowerment Through Access To Land (CETAL) is a Social Land Concession project being implemented by LWD, funded by the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) through the World Bank.
The project consists of three main components:
- Component A: Public awareness and capacity building for social land concession;
- Component B: Empowered community and land recipients to manage development process and advocate for their right and obtain improved and sustainable livelihoods;
- Component C: NGO capacity building, coordination and sharing of lessons learned.
Time frame: 2008-2013
Project Cost : US$ 1,483,603
2. PROJECT GOAL, OBJECTIVE, APPROACH
To build civic engagement to facilitate authorities to provide social concession land for poor families and empo-wer them to improve sustainable livelihoods.
To pilot a right-based approach through planning and implementation of Social Land Concession program for sustainable poverty reduction of landless and land poor families through an integrated rural development.
LWD applies its current right-based approach to achieve the overall goal of the project.
- Empowered communities and Commune councils prepared the social land concession plans, facilitated authorities to approve them and allocate land to target land recipients.
- About 1,300 landless and land poor families living in Kampong Speu and Kampong Chhnang provinces are expected to benefit from the project.
- Each family will get a land of 30m by 40m for residence and an agricultural land of 1 hectare for selected land recipients in Kampong Chhnang and 1.5 hectares for those in Kampong Speu.
3. FOCUS GROUPS, TARGET AREAS
The primary focus groups of the project include the followings:
- Village leaders
- Village development committees
- Target land recipients
- Commune councils
- District working group
The project covers two locations—Kampong Speu’sAoral and Phnom Sruoch districts, and Kampong Chhnang’sSameakkiMeanchey district.
Download Leaflet Here: